Thursday 18 September 2008

Moda Mystery Quilt.






I was asked to produce a mystery quilt project by my group, Quayquilters and drew up mysterious instructions for this traditional design with a choice of sizes. I made three versions and this is the largest, 80 inches square, using mostly Chocolat line fabrics by Moda. I especially like the diagonally printed border fabric but it was hard to get the chevrons to match up at the corners. It's quilted by machine in the ditch and by hand using 12 count thread. The wadding was bought in Australia and is 60/40 wool/poly. The backing is a super viyella (wool/cotton) paisley print bought as a remnant. It's quite heavy and should be very warm I should like to keep it but am thinking of giving it away. . .

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

It is a wonderful quilt, Mary. Gorgeous colors and lovely quilting.