Thursday 16 October 2008

Vintage quilts on the bed























I love the green and white Roman Stripes quilt I made in a workshop with Jean Ball here in Kent but it doesn't cover the gap where one bed slides under the other so I used the 1900 quilt I bought at FOQ as a partner. My grandson was thrilled when I told him he was sleeping under a hundred year old quilt. The vintage element of the G/W one is the collection of green apron type print fabrics 36 inches wide bought at a craft fair. The size of the quilt was determined by the amount of this fabric. The trimmings from the strip sets were used for the border and I handquilted it using a pattern from "Quiltmaker". It's called apron strings as the cotton prints are reminiscent of the aprons my mother and grandma wore.

No comments: