Tuesday 4 November 2008

North Country Trip





I have been away for nearly a week, hence no blogging. First stop was York to see the new exhibition at the Quilt Museum, this time quilts from the IQSC, Nebraska. No photos allowed so here is my travelling log cabin quilt on the bed at the B&B. This quilt fits into whatever decor it finds itself in. After my evening meal in York I walked back through the museum gardens where a sound and light show was taking place with wonderful moving images projected onto the ruined abbey walls with accompanying commentary. Very atmospheric. Then on to another B&B for 4 nights in County Durham. I revisited the city where I was a student 1965-68. It was and is a wonderful setting for learning: here is the Castle and magnificent Norman Cathedral. Going to lectures each day I would pass through the cathedral and pause by the tomb of the Venerable Bede in the Galilee Chapel to say a short prayer. The Castle doubled as a student hall of residence.

No comments: