Sunday 11 January 2009

Quilting design






Here is the quilt design I chose for the quilt I'm making using Moda charm squares. It's by Helen Squire and was published in American Quilter. I enlarged it to fit my patches and finally sussed only that two templates, as shown here, are needed to mark out the design. I'm marking with fine felt tips (children's) on the paler fabrics and soap or chalk wheel on the darker pieces. It's nice to have a continuous pattern but quite a lot of turning and manhandling is is involved. At last too I can enjoy evening TV now I have some handquilting to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quilting design you chose. I miss hand-quilting, but I have no room for even a small frame in my 5th wheel. I know Lazy Gal Tonya says you don't need it, but I don't seem to do well without one. =)