Monday 11 May 2009

Great to be in Paducah









Paducah is very different from other shows I've been to as it's a whole town exercise and I love to pace the streets and jump on buses to get to to see antique quilts at the Rotary, Eleanor Burns in her tent and traders in the Mall. I love the museum, the book sale and the shops that have sprung up around town oh and Caryl Bryer Fallert's incredible house and showroom too. I was lucky to meet up with Rosemary from the UK and four very kind and lovely American ladies, Paducah old hands, who invited me to join them for meals, took me on the round of open homes and gave me a lift to the airport which meant I caught an earlier plane. I thought Paducah had been much spruced up since my last visit in 2005 and I hope this improvement survives the present economic downtown. I hope to go back one year and while this year I felt I had to stay in the main hotel now I'm confident enough to stay elsewhere and still find my way round.

No comments: