Saturday 26 September 2009

Sewing all done



Today (still Friday here, just)I packed up my sewing things ready to go home. I've handquilted all six of the setting blocks for the Patchwork Party quilt and I've done 16 Katharine Guerrier blocks which with the six at home makes 22, more than halfway as I plan to do 6 by 7 which will be 72" X 84" plus an HST border to finish at 78" x 90", a good size. Despite my initial concerns I shall miss my borrowed Singer 600E - the sewusa site and most of all the vintage Singer yahoo list were very helpful in this respect. The latter had the whole manual in their files. I shall also miss our feline companions here, especially Max who would keep me company in the sewing room.

1 comment:

Julie in the Barn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You are "no-reply" so I'm unable to reply to your kind comment. I've enjoyed reading about your trip to the Northwest as well as your trip to NZ. You are indeed a prolific quilter! Thanks for sharing your travels and your great quilts, too