Tuesday 8 December 2009

Babes in the Wood



Still on the finishing front I've been adding a border sew and flip quilt as you go to my Autumn quilt. I made the first of these blocks as extras for an internet swap 10 years ago, then made a 3 by 4 block quilt for a challenge with a size limit then added and made more blocks to make it 5 blocks by 6 and now I've added two inner borders mitred and a final log cabin type set border which I'm quilting by stitching down the two marrow yellow stripe repeats. No tacking - it's glue basted. As I've been having shoulder problems from hauling and binding such big heavy quilts I'm limiting myself to a side at a time with exercise breaks. I've also got to finish 500 + pages of small print Doris Lessing's "Golden Notebook" for a week on Thursday. It's very dense so it's hard to speed up my reading.

No comments: