Thursday 20 May 2010

Not a hung parliament . . .

. . .but a hung quilt. Here is my Twisted Sisters quilt at the Malvern Show in a prime end of aisle position. I was very lucky. One of my favourite quilts at the show can be seen behind it , behind the blue lone star. I went to the Show and very much enjoyed the quilts and confined my shopping to items on my list. I spent quite a lot though, mostly on wadding. I bought metres of Mountain Mist Cream Rose which I have been wanting to try for some time after seeing Ted Storm's  Spring of Desire  being hung at Paducah in 2009 for the exhibition of the 25 winners of the AQS Show.  http://www.tedstorm.eu/eng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:spring-of-desire-2006&catid=36:quilt-gallery&Itemid=67
It just rippled down from the hanging rod. I asked her about the wadding and she said Cream Rose. Lady Sew and Sews were selling it at the show.

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I like this quilt quite a bit.