Thursday 13 May 2010

Samples Box

Still on aide memoires here are some of the contents of my samples box, mostly samples from workshops I have taken with tutors including Inger Milburn (seminole and Japanese folded), Jan Mullen(cut loosz) ,Nancy Brenan Daniel (working with strips) , Doreen Nicholson (Celtic)from all of whom I have learned a lot. Some are from sort of workshops (I don't consider myself a huge expert) I have done myself (working with strings and quilt as you go), partly because we are all called upon to do demonstrations etc for Quay Quilters. Needless to say I was looking for something which I had put in a safe place ready for my upcoming session with Oast. It seems despite attempts at organisation I spend time looking for stuff and also discovering stuff I'd forgotton I had like the Laurel Burch fabric in the samples box which will be useful if and when I get round to assembling my Laurel Burch swap blocks. This not the family archive box but a throw out from the archives department purchased for a small amount.


No comments: