Friday 10 September 2010

Crab & Winkle Sewing Day

Four of us met at Maggie's for a full day of sewing - we all got a lot done. Pam was handquilting a cheater Thomas the Tank Engine quilt for her grandson, Melanie was piecing a complicated background for applique for her sister-in-law, Maggie was assembling cottage door stops for which she sells patterns and kits and I was arranging the stars for my second Galaxy quilt and I got the first blocks pieced starting in the middle. I'm doing all one set of alternate blocks with one pressing strategy and then will do the next batch. As I'll be using different sets of squares for each hopefully there will be hardly any same fabrics next to each other. As the HST's have been trimmed to size (tedious task) they are very accurate and the blocks are assembling easily - a worthwhile investment of effort. This time I am framing the stars with light rather than dark triangles.
As I am hoping to have a rotation of small quilts hanging up in my sewing room I noted the nifty hanging system Maggie had for her mother's doiley quilt.

No comments: