Saturday 2 October 2010

Busy Time

If it weren't for my quilting passion my life would be very different; I am so grateful for all the friends, journeys and experiences it has granted me. I have been a member of the Stashbusters yahoo list for some time  and its philosophy of use up what you have, finish what you have started, buy less and declutter has helped restrain my acquisitive urges and keep me on track. I love the monthly albums of photos posted by members: lots of my kind of quilts and I turn to them for inspiration and in turn share my own efforts.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stashbuster/
List "Mom", Sandra, has been the main force behind the success of the group as she tactfully but firmly keeps us on topic and deals with posters who don't bother to crop the messages they are replying to. When I heard she was visiting London I couldn't resist getting getting in touch and inviting her to visit with us in Canterbury and it was so lovely to meet her and her husband in person though we had very disappointing weather - rainy AND windy!

She brought me a  couple of the potholders she sells to defray the costs of the Stashbuster website ( http://www.stashbuster.com/ )and a totebag with keyring,fabric strips  and a lovely necklace and earrings which go with all my clothes!

No comments: