Thursday 9 December 2010

Becky's Nine Patch 09

This is the quilt I made for the magazine, this time with a four patch emerging in the centre and with an added border. This pattern is self bordering but the Laurel Burch mythical horses range I used had an interesting border print which I used  for the border. Notice how the border pieces are added with partial piecing, circling round the quilt.
Even though I was in America choosing these fabrics I found it very hard to find 6 or 7 I could use together. In the fabric shop I felt like a rabbit caught in headlights.
I used a consistent placement of fabrics checking I used the same section of striped border print in each set. Also even the waving grass fabric was directional so I paid attention to the placement of this as well.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Amazing! Getting all those horses to run in the right direction would be challenge enough let alone figuring out how much fabric to buy in any of these directional prints. Glad it got seen and appreciated by many.