Sunday 1 May 2011

Royal Wedding Fever

Watching the wedding

Out for celebratory lunch

Our table

Farmers wives 24-29


Bag making

 It's been a lovely long weekend (tomorrow is still a bank holiday). On Friday we had a joyful time watching the Royal Wedding. While the palace photographs were being taken we had a tasteful lunch of smoked salmon and potato and green salads preceded by a Kir Royale and accompanied by champagne. There was enough left to toast the couple as they came out on the balcony. In the evening we watched it all again and the next day somewhat spruced up we along with other neighbours had a celebratory lunch in aid of the chirch. Our table was rather renegade being hatless; other guests wore some impressive creations and sadly there are no red white and blue decorations in this shot either. Again a toast of champagne to close.
In between I have been sewing: Farmer's Wife blocks and two bags at once as fundraisers for our show in July.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh the wedding has been a big thing on TV here too. I might say I watched but every time my husband asked me about what he was seeing, I had missed it because I was piecing something. I tend to watch with my ears.