Monday 25 July 2011

Janome Club day


Cathy's West/East hanging

Shelagh's rosette table runner

Ruffler attachment
Another meeting of the Janome Club. Cityquilter commented on my last post that I was lucky to belong to so many groups. I am but I am finding the diary is filling up with just too many dates so yesterday I told Cathy the upcoming August meeting would be my last. She understood but kindly suggested she would keep me on the list and send the emails about plans for the next meeting but it was fine if I only went along once or twice a year. I'm very happy about this as it's a lovely friendly group with people from a wide area whom I don't meet otherwise and covering a wide range of activities and approaches including lots of machine embroidery. If I join something I always feel I must make a commitment so I think I've been to all the meetings since joining last year. I have learnt a lot. This time I was pleased to see another rosette table runner (Jeane Gentry pattern from British P&Q magazine) but enhanced by machine embroidery and fascinated by Margaret's electric binding maker. Also Cathy suggested stitches for machine applied binding which I hadn't thought of before.
Margaret binding maker

No comments: