Wednesday 17 August 2011

Festival of Quilts




Shopping is a major activity as there are only a few patchwork shops in the UK and they tend to be small scale so we rely on shows to view a wide range and seek out some specialized items. I was armed with a list which included a roll of blues from Worn and Washed specializing in recycled and vintage fabrics. The roll on the centre on the counter had my name on it.
Others beat a door to Farbstof for Heidi Stol Weber's very expensive and beautiful hand dyed pieces but I haven't ventured to purchase as yet.
I liked the various do not touch notices!

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Even though we do have fabric shops here with quilt departments, it is at shows that we can find all those new trinkets. I seldom buy new stuff but at least I have an idea of what other quilters are talking about.