Sunday 21 August 2011

Janome Day - last one?

Today was a Janome day - lots of Show & Tell and people working on different projects and different sorts of projects. There is a strong machine embroidery element in the group which I find very interesting. However my diary is just too full so I have said today will be my last regular attendance. If I sell my Horizon I won't be able to attend - perhaps I would have to get a Janome Jem just to get in from time to time. It is such a wide cross secion of people whom I don't meet anywhere else. Margaret H. (one of numerous Margarets in the group) had masses of bias made with her electric bias maker in a wonderful selection of fabrics - these are for her Malvern entry so await next year for the result.

Eileen's bag uses the convergence technique and, inside, has divisions for the different sizes of rulers. Jenny made the day's project - a dress for Africa. (Cathy wrote "For further information, go to www.littledressesforafrica.org  and scroll down the page and click on "Click here for Pillowcase Dress Directions", then on that web page click on the Youtube link to watch "Sewing with Nancy" make one of these quick dresses. The video is not very long at all.")

I'm afraid I didn't note the names of the members who made the scrap quilt top (designed and planned by Cathy) or the hearts and 9-Patches top.
I am combining my latest selection of Farmers' Wives for a baby quilt top and made good progress considering all the chat and sharing - I'll finish the inside bit and post it next week but I want to border it and need to source a suitable fabric
FQ Quilt

Eileen's ruler bag

Quilt top

Jenny's dress for Africa

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I like both of those quilt tops. They should be fun to finish. Since I am not a machine person, I don't understand about the machine side of the situation. I do love the descriptions you share.