Monday 19 December 2011

The Farmer's Daughter

Since I completed the Blue Heaven quilt I have turned my attention to bits and pieces of UFO's, I've made a list of them and it's rather daunting especially as there some sets of blocks not included. So my resolution for the New Year will be not to start anything I can't finish in the short term and to tackle the UFO list too.
Anyway some time ago I assembled the Farmers' Wives block made in 1930's fabrics into a top. As ever the quilting proved a stumbling block. Anyway I've bitten the bullet and machine quilted round the blocks and along some of the internal lines to produce a different pattern on the back.
http://thefarmerswifequilt.blogspot.com/
The Farmer's Daughter!

Block

Reverse

Another block

Another reverse

Yet another block

Yet another reverse

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Way back in 2003 I declared "the year of the UFO" and determined not to begin anything until I had completed those I had begun. I was able to finish up seven projects and so far I have only three orphan blocks (two of which were gifts) waiting in the pile. I like your Farmer's Daughter and all those reproduction fabrics.