Tuesday 6 December 2011

The tree


I got the Christmas tree today.It didn't look very tall in the garden centre but seemed bigger as I approached the car and I looked nervously at the house as I unloaded it but it fits with 6" to spare so I don't have to cut off the top like I did last year and disguised it with my Mexican tin angel. Also today I changed the bed and the quilt. I call this one my advent quilt. It's not exciting but pleasing. I like the biggish stitch quilting, the wool blend and I always have to point out how the chevrons of the fabric print meet at the corners. This was a bit of a struggle so I like people to notice.



2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

How nice to have a real tree instead of a fake one! and the quilt is just super. Isn't it a joy when things go together as planned!

Susan said...

I love your tree. This is the first year ever that I didn't have a real tree, and I'm regretting it. Love your quilt.