Sunday 5 February 2012

Crab & Winkle

It was Crab & Winkle night on Friday. I had only my dyed fabrics to show. On the quilting front I am on the straight and narrow working on Isla's till done though I have had nearly two weeks of not doing anything for it. I saw her on Thursday and her first words were "Where's my quilt?" A hard taskmaster.
We discussed our show and I took a picture of Marion's very pretty cottagy Hidden Wells for my Hidden Wells file and also Maggie's two latest. Just so lovely and inspiring. Pam brought out what will be our second prize quilt a 60" square lap quilt made with a panel and a complementary set of fat quarters which was a large and generous donation from a friend of mine. She is handquilting it. One of Maggie's is a variation on the Katharine Guerrier Galaxy of Stars design but using strips to frame the stars. Indeed it's a completely different pattern, I feel. The other is just squares but using the lovely pastel fabrics so popular now in a very beautiful combination.

Raffle quilt in progress

Maggies stars framed with strips in progress

Maggie's squares

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

The raffle quilt is pretty but I just love the stars.