Wednesday 17 October 2012

Too clever by half

Project Linus Quilt
I am currently in the habit of using up the leftovers after completing a quilt top and this is my attempt. However if you think this looks unexpectedly odd the reason is that I glanced at the first page of Dorothy's "Just my size" instructions from her Pocketful of Mysteries site and thought I could see where it was going and read no further. Too clever by half as the blocks couldn't be set alternately because of how  I had made them so this row setting will have to do. Dorothy used a nifty construction method, one I shall return to. I now have one 10.5" block leftover and minimal scraps. Now I have to piece some leftover batting. . .

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I piece batting all the time because I use it from a roll... a very economical plan ... just like using left-over blocks.

Pippas quilts said...

really cheerful I like the pattern as it is.