Monday 25 February 2013

Day out


Tracy's version of Bonnie Hunter's "Scrappy Bargello"

The Usual Suspects met today for lots of Show & Tell though I haven't captured Judi's fantastic modern quilt - I was too busy looking at it, I think - but I'll catch up with it another time. The design was based on one in a new magazine called Modern Quilts Unlimited. I loved Tracy's knickers quilt with its appropriate fabrics and funny sayings and her take on a popular Bonnie Hunter pattern. Belinda has been doing lots of sewing too and I showed the Quay raffle quilt and the bag and two stack and whackery quilts I have made.
Belinda's jelly roll "Spools" started in a Carolyn Forster workshop.
Belinda'sWIP started in a workshop at Houston using a jelly roll and her own various width strips on a paper foundation.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Those are great and the knickers are a stitch!

Anonymous said...

Your scrappy quilts are lovely, bright and happy. The knickers quilt is a scream.