Sunday 26 May 2013

After a very enjoyable gammon joint for lunch I settled down to the Radio Four classic serial, book and poetry programmes, and completed the remaining churn dashes and combined them into rows ready to add another border. Here they are and I've sewn one set on but now I have to make four Ohio Star corner blocks. These will be green with a navy square in a square as I'm trying to continue the colours out from the centre to the edge. I was once told this was the secret to a successful frame quilt. I always worry about whether fabrics will "go" as I have limited choices but sewing and pressing seems to work wonders. I'll getting less and less coordinated as I make this quilt.

Four rows of churn dashes: there is one odd one, hard to spot.

One border added.

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, it's going to be lovely! And I do like that renegade block....