Monday 8 July 2013

End of Term

Well not literally but it feels like that after a non-stop week of our group quilt show, an Oast meeting, meeting to plan Houston classes and today an Oast workshop with Janet Clare. She gave an excellent talk on Saturday and the workshop today was just as good. after a failed first attempt a few months ago I didn't try FMQ on my Pfaff but I made myself get to grips with the instruction book before the class and set it up. Janet has the same machine and reassuringly confirmed all was well AND told me I could wind the bobbin without unthreading the needle - alone worth the class fee. The results of the day were various and we had fun. Now I can slowly sort things out and start to join the U3A autumn quilt QAYG. Here are pictures of practice pieces I made today.

Faces

Houses

House and washing line

2 comments:

Jane in Cumbria said...

Oh, what fun, all those faces! You are really good on the sewing machine!

Pippas quilts said...

So much better than mine.