Thursday 23 October 2014

Back with the U3A

Class projects

Miriam with her log cabin quilt top, barn raising arrangement.

Miriam working on her quilt; you can see the vilene squares.

There is more from the Quilt Retreat but I need to catch up with more recent stuff too. I had packed my stuff for the U3A class before setting off last week along with a list of things I needed to add that were in my retreat bags. Pleased to say I didn't forget anything. Students brought in completed coasters and keyrings from the first day and coincidentally as often happens Miriam was assembling a whole log cabin quilt in this way (on gridded vilene) at the retreat. (See my 7th October post for more quilts possibly done this way.) Penny brought in a quilt nearing completion; she wanted to ask about the border. It is just the most super quilt.


Penny's hexagons

No comments: