Tuesday 26 May 2015

Minster Show

Abbey Patchers held their show this weekend and the Usual Suspects rolled up for a hearty pub lunch which we needed as it was such a chilly day and the church was chilly too. The quilt stands are sited in the pews of this large and magnificent Minster so although there are always lots of impressive quilts one has to peer at them sideways. So what with the space, the gloom and my very indifferent camera the photos are not up to much.

I noted the quilt design on this one for future reference.

Effective use of decorator fabrics

A pleasing version of Gwenfai Rees Griffiths' "Houston Stars" pattern. I made this one too but
hung it the other way up as in the magazine.

I can never resist a disappearing 9-patch.

I think this may have been my favourite,
simple in construction but "just right".

I'm working in blue and white at the moment so peered closely at these super
compasses to check out the fabric choices.

No comments: