Thursday 13 August 2015

Days out

It's been an unusually busy week with days out both quilty and family. At my daughter's it was lovely to see Isla go and get a quilt when it got chilly and to see the cushion she made with me just fitting on her chair.
Keeping warm

The DP9P cushion my granddaughter made
 The usual gathering at Lower Hardres produced some interesting Show & Tell with Judi having made a Roundabout quilt from our class, quite different from mine in moody batiks, and Judy brought in her pretty applique quilt for Maggie to longarm. Maggie produced her "Jill" quilt, her version of the last Jill made. I got my cot quilt back from her and have since bound it - photos yet to come. My daughter loved the cot quilt fabrics so I showed her my Modern Board from Pinterest. Interestingly she said she like the fabrics but in traditional patterns and those were the ones she singled out. So I shall make her one.
Judy O's quilt top

Maggie's quilt

Judi's quilt sandwich, a birthday present for her sister who loves it.

This afternoon the Bonnie ladies met and showed off their paper pieced and pineapple blocks. Next up clamshells and a wreath.
Mavis's Pineapple

and her "Inner City"

Fran's Pineapple

and her Inner City

and another EPP block from a Love P&Q magazine supplement

1 comment:

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely post with so many super new makes. Well done to Isla, her cushion is lovely and it's good she's starting so early.
I'm so pleased to see the Inner City Block as I saw it at Quay Quilters exhibition and forgot to ask it's title. I have searched in vain for the design as my friend in Maidstone wants to try it out and I'll have a go myself too. Ta Daaah! Now I'll find it, so Thank you.
Jo x