Wednesday 23 December 2015

Sewing ready for Christmas

First border partially pieced, last one ready to go.


The back pinned ready to sew

As well as going for walks and cooking and eating we watch loads of TV for the the final week of the year and I like to have plenty of hand sewing to hand. With this in view I've finally geared myself up to assemble, quilt and attach the borders to my 2014 bonnie quilt. Now the joins on the back have to be hand stitched down and I've now discovered not all the strips in the centre have been caught down either. So plenty there.
 But for family visiting that that is too big to take along so I've finished and attached the binding  on a small long term project and will take that with me to hand sew the binding.




Quilting detail

The hexagons were left over from my very first quilt made for my daughter between 1983 and 1985. I've paper pieced them in hugger mugger style intermittently over the years thinking I might then cut out a bag but I have machined it onto a backing, cut out the bit behind the hexagons to use for the binding and walking foot quilt it very simply.

No comments: