Tuesday 7 June 2016

Long time no blog posts

My time in Berlin ended with a back injury which in turn affected my left leg so I have been lying low for a bit. Last weekend was the Oast Quilters' Show but I couldn't walk well enough even to see my own two quilts hanging up and photograph them and there were so many beautiful ones that I didn't get to admire. Great that friends Maggie and Tracy won rosettes for machine quilting and visitors' choice second place. respectively.
Today has been a good day - largely pain free and it was the bi-monthly sewing and lunch get together for 11 quilters so I enjoyed good food and good company plus the lovely work of my friends. Also Judi had bought three splendid Amish quilts she had purchased at a Pennsylvanian "mud sale". I hand sewed and will share in a future post.
Detail

Judi's appliqued and embroidered purchase

A Young Man's Fancy quilt, very classic but modern and
clean cut too. Owned by Judi.

Young Man's Fancy block

Valerie's batik Dresden Plates beautifully quilted by Maggie.

Joy's work in progress  - will be stunning

Becky has been crocheting - only
took three weeks.

Judy O's  quilt top started in a Carolyn Forster workshop
and pieced by hand

Laid out

Detail - I love the soft country look of this quilt with fabrics dating over many
years.

2 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

So sorry to hear your hurt your back and I do hope it won't take too long to fully recover from your accident. I hope it didn't mar your Berlin trip too much.
I am sorry too that I did not manage to get to visit the exhibition as I really enjoyed the last one.
Interesting post to see the latest lovely makes of your quilting friends.
I will attend a big exhibition next week in Gresford (North Wales) and amazingly our group can travel free on our bus passes and use the local train network. Not bad eh?
Best wishes
Jo x

Julie Fukuda said...

What a bummer. I hope your back issues get better soon. Missing a show only makes the pain more.